- (Doing good) research (presenter), delivered at YouTube EduCon 2018
- Digital libraries & k-12 uses of primary sources: a ubc library study (co-presenter), delivered at BCLC 2018
- Opening Up YouTube — finding a home for OA in online video (presenter), delivered at OpenCon 2018
- Checking Out YouTube: using online video as a library outreach tool (co-presenter), delivered at ALA Midwinter 2019
- Balancing the Scales: The Role of Fair Dealing in Canada (panelist), delivered as part of Simon Fraser University’s Fair Dealing Week 2019
Authored & Delivered Workshops
- Intro to HTML: iSchool@UBC HTML workshop
- Intro to CSS: iSchool@UBC CSS workshop
- Intro to Databases: iSchool@UBC Access workshop
- Intro to Content Management Systems: iSchool@UBC CMS workshop
- Playlist: How to use UBC’s Open Collections: A series of videos created to instruct users how to use the library’s Open Collections platform.
- Open Collections Help Page: Technical documentation on how UBC Library’s Open Collections platform works.
- How to make an informational video with PowerPoint: Instructional materials drafted for a class of international business students with minimal experience providing asynchronous presentations.
- How to create decent online video using a mobile device: Instructional materials drafted for a class of international business students with no or minimal prior experience creating video.
- Teaching Grade 4-12 Social Studies using Digital Libraries and Primary Sources: A poster outlining research on how universities can leverage their archives to help primary and secondary students learn meaningfully about history.